TEST MECHANIC: CHOREOGRAPHY CASTING
For the 2023 installment of the game, we’re introducing a test mechanic we’ve been working on since last year – choreography casting.
With choreographies, you only need to perform some gestures in a specific order, kind of like runes – but you don’t have to say the incantations as well.
HOWEVER, the usual anti-casting counters work on you as if you were saying the incantations.
- if a 7P Adept uses “Interrupt” on you while you are performing the choreography, it is interrupted and you have to start over.
- if you are affected by a 7P Adept’s “Silence” or “Mass Silence”, you cannot cast new spells with the choreography (even though there is no verbal part to it).
- if you are interrupted, hit, distracted, or stop for any reason, the choreography (and therefore, the cast) is considered interrupted and you have to start it over. The daily cast is NOT lost though, as usual.
- if you move from your starting position, the choreography (and therefore, the cast) is considered interrupted and you have to start it over. The daily cast is NOT lost though, as usual.
- if you are weak or recovering from a Transport State, you cannot cast new spells with choreography.
Basically, all the rules about limiting your casting still apply the same way as if you were saying the incantation.
The videos below show all the currently available choreographies – for three spells per School of Magic, one from each tier.
Each tier’s choreography involves the parts from the previous ones (so T3’s choreography includes the parts of T1 and T2).
The spells which can be cast this way are as follows:
- Earth: Entangle, Turn to Stone, Stone Skin
- Air: Lightning Strike, Whirlwind, Overload
- Life: Healing, Enchantment, Pacifism
- Death: Nightmare, Shadow Form, Dark Avatar
- Fire: Phoenix, Heat Vision, Embers
- Water: Aqua Vitae, Change State, Dehydration
To sign up and see if you can do choreography casting, please get in touch with your GM and send them a video of you performing your School’s choreography. They will then decide if you can perform it cleanly enough. Тhis will generally require you have all spells unlocked.
The choreography videos are available here.